"As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport."
-King Lear
Thus begins the blog of Gillmer, Llama, and Karl. The quote above is from whence we acquired our blog name, They Kill Us For Their Sport. Basically, if you can't figure it out yourself, the gods kill us for shiggles, just because they can, just like boys kill flys. This reference may be a bit outdated, but it still makes sense today.
On the topic of King Lear, I find him as a man to be pitied and see his fate as that for us all. We all grow old, crawling slowly towards death. We become old and senile and our children turn on us to take our worth from us. They leave us a shell of a man, not even a king in name. Such is a pitiful fate, one I go towards knowing what looms ahead. The question doth be; willst though speak or hold thy tongue when the day of reckoning comes forth?
On a lighter note, I turn 18 on the Monday day of the 19th of Januareh. I am going to New York City with Ms.Kelly Toy, Mr. Karl Koerner and Mr.Andrew "Coconut Man Candy" Hollingsworth. Shall be fun. We most probably are going to the Central Park Zoo, at which I fully intend to ride the carousel. If I can not ride the carousel, I will stand by it and have me droogs take a few pictures of me. While in NYC, I intend to use a decent amount of film. I have yet to use Baby, my 35mm Camera, for anything major. It may snow, which makes me JIMP.
That being said, I cannot thrust my heart into my mouth. In other words, I can't really say how I feel. My thoughts be quite ponderous on the subject of Prom and Winter Ball. Shall I attend and enjoy, attend and not enjoy, not attend at all? Quite a choice I can not make in good conscience of what past dances have held for me: loneliness. I returned from them in quite a stupor as to prevent me from basking in the enjoyment that I must have felt at some point during the night. I will think upon this further and will decide when the time presents itself and not a moment previous.
I bid all thee that hath read a horrorshow night or day, whichever it may be. Fare thee well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It did snow. I miss you man, and damn do I miss this. It really does make me feel old. I miss all of this, and reading through what I've wrote, I can see how everything has changed. I don't think I'll resurrect this blog (yet another time). Maybe I will. I love all of you, and I hope you all know that. Maybe when I'm older I'll come back here again and feel the same sad sense of longing I do now. I like what I've become I think, but I know I can be so much more. I know we all can.
ReplyDelete